Schedule is out and there are a decent number of big games. Not as many as 2012, but still good.
Fri 22, 10:30 - Sudan vs France. Great opening game.
Sat 23, 9:00 - Nigeria vs Canada.
Sat 23, 10:00 - Laos vs Afghanistan
Thurs 28, 8:30 - Afghanistan vs Germany
Thurs 28, 9:30 - Norway vs Canada
Fri 29, 8:00 - Ireland vs Colombia
Fri 29, 10:00 - El Sal vs Sudan
Sat 30, 10:00 - Jamaica vs Germany
Sun 31, 7:00 - Portugal vs Colombia
Sun 31 - 9:00 - Norway vs Poland
Wed 3, 9:30 - Norway vs Nigeria
Fri 5, 7:30 - Ireland vs Portugal
Fri 5, 8:30 - Poland vs Canada
Fri 5, 9:30 - Laos vs Jamaica
Sat 6, 9:00 - Jamaica vs Afghanistan
Sat 6, 10:00 - El Sal vs France
Sun 7, 7:00 - Poland vs Nigeria
Sun 7, 9:00 - Laos vs Germany
Wed 10 - Men's Quarterfinals
Fri 12 - Men's Semifinals
Sat 13 - Men's and Women's Finals
A few interesting notes:
-Schedule makers gave everyone a break by only starting men's weekday games at 8:30. That means I can go home after work and have a nap before coming back to watch important matchups.
- Pretty much all big games are Friday and Saturday nights again. Don't mess with a winning formula.
- The last weekend of games will once again be the most intense.
- Games on Easter Sunday for the first time in tournament history. Also a couple big games on Good Friday.
- No more bronze medal game after the 2012 debacle.
- The break day is now between the quarters and semis instead of the semis and final. Not sure if it will make any kind of difference.