Friday, April 13, 2012

2012 Day 15 Preview - Fri April 13

I'd say that tonight's games will be boring, except it's Friday the 13th and I'm incredibly superstitious. ANYTHING can happen tonight.

Germany vs Hungary, 8:30 p.m. - Hungary played well against Nigeria and then got shit-kicked by Portugal in a head-scratcher. Portugal was never really in it against Germany's B team. I'm thinking Germany will take care of business - but ANYTHING can happen. Germany wins 6-0.

Laos vs Jamaica, 9:30 p.m. - Logic says that the best team in the group will easily beat a team that can't figure out if it wants to be good or terrible. But ANYTHING can happen. Maybe Jamaica will actually play hard for the first 45 minutes instead of just the final five. Maybe Laos will decide it should lose this one just to make Saturdays games even more entertaining. Laos wins 4-1.

France vs Greece, 10:30 p.m. - France is undefeated and is a shoe-in for the playoffs. Greece is winless and will soon be in a plyoff for last place. But ANY...., nope, this is impossible. I would be delusional if I even entertained the thought that Greece could win this game. I thought I was halucinating last year when these two teams tied, but it's officially too late for an Easter miracle in 2012. France wins 5-2.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would say of the 3 games, Greece pulling off a point or 3 would be the most likely. Not that I think Greece is great, but all of their losses were by a goal, they defend hard as a team and anything can happen in this 9 v 9, direct kicks from everywhere format. I'd give them 10 to 1 odds, Jamaica would be about 12 to 1 And Hungary 15 to 1.

Riggs

Anonymous said...

Hey Riggs are you going to be playing with Yorkton this year?

Anonymous said...

I think my yorkton days are done. It was a good ride, but I'd rather play weekly in Saskatoon then train by myself to play a playoff weekend with them. Not sure if they'll even have a team.

Riggs

Anonymous said...

hey Riggs, who do you think will win the euro this year?

Anonymous said...

Not sure what's up with all these randomquestions, but spain should win euros. Holland and Portugal will be the main contenders.

Anything else?

Riggs

Anonymous said...

hey Riggs, why do you keep asking yourself questions anonymously?