From what I've heard, most teams have already set their rosters for the 2011 WCP Cup. While this makes player movement rumours boring and arguments moot, it does open up the door for my second-favourite post: ranking teams. Without further ado:
10. El Salvador - A talented and underachieving team. ES possesses the skill but lacks the focus to be a major contender this year.
9. Nigeria - Skilled and lucky, this team manages to win enough games to make the playoffs - barely.
8. Poland - A good, solid team where every player knows his role but where individual flash is sometimes lacking.
7. Jamaica - Many skilled players and lots of team speed help Jamaica score goals, but not defend them too well.
6. Germany - A high-powered offense geared towards scoring early and often is usually fuelled by little more than testosterone and adrenaline, not tactics and planning.
5. Norway - Like Poland, hard-working and team-first mentality, but now mixed with some individual brilliance.
4. Canada - Skilled and hard-working throughout the entire roster, but can't seem to seal the deal in the big games.
3. Laos - Even with all of the advantages, I expect them to take a step back in 2011. Too much pressure to repeat and against too big of odds.
2. Ireland - More solid out-of-town pickups will give this attacking force all the weapons it needs to make a great run. Excellent defense and goaltending definitely helps.
1. France - Extremely talented, well-managed and now with a burning desire sparked from the semifinal loss of 2010.