Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Playoffs Preview

So many post topics to get in before tomorrow. Hopefully I don't oversaturate or repeat myself. Here goes:

Ireland vs. Nigeria - Sorry Nigeria, you had a good run but there's no way you're getting past Ireland. This Irish squad is just like every year with tons of out-of-Regina talent and a bunch of players who are used to winning, no matter the obstacles. Nigeria tries hard but they're extremely inconsistent and I highly doubt that every player will have his A Game. Even if they all do, I still wouldn't bet against Ireland because they're too good to lose this one. 6-1 Ireland.

Poland vs. Canada - I love this matchup and I think its going to be a great game. Poland came out of a weak pool and they weren't really tested, but that's a credit to them and I think they have all the pieces they need. Their defense and goalkeeping are solid and they've shown a definite ability to score when the game matters. Canada is an enigma. They played excellent against Ireland and OK against Chile but stunk up the joint against Botswana. Who knows how this one will go because all that talent seems wasted when they don't play with any passion. I'm giving it to Poland in overtime 4-3.

Germany vs. Laos - I've been pretty disappointed in Laos this year and I think they're headed home early again. Tons of talent, lots of speed, but for whatever reason I haven't been impressed by how they executed against two seriously weak teams and against a very strong France squad. Germany is coming off a big win against Norway and their physical play will be a huge advantage against a smaller Laos squad. I don't think Germany is the scoring machine they think they are, but they'll do enough to get to the semis. 4-2 Germany.

Norway vs. France - This game is going to be a gooder. Stay tuned for my full preview.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree Laos is not good this year. Germany is going to destroy them in that game. I don't think it will be as close as 4-2

Anonymous said...

I commend you for your bravery with all your posts. Its too bad a lot of people dont appreciate that rather than be offended by an opinion. My beloved Nigeria has a little bit of chance against Ireland but like u said those guys knw how to win so should be a good game . Every team got to this point for a reason lets applaud them and enjoy the competition. Come out and support the Eagles too for the upset!!

† Kier said...

Nigeria will need Joe to step it up in net if they are thinking of getting past ROI. I have no doubt in my mind that Nigeria's offense will cause ROI some problems. I'm excited for this match up.

† Kier said...

The playoff schedule in this site is wrong by the way. It's Game#1 vs. Game#4 and Game #2 vs. Game#3 in the Semi-Finals.

Playmaker said...

Yeah, I noticed that on the CBC site too. I'm going to double-check though. I've got another schedule that says my original set-up is correct. I'll have it figured out by tomorrow morning.

Anonymous said...

not really a huge win when norway's goalie throws the game

Playmaker said...

Norway's goalie didn't throw the game, he just had a bad one. It happens to everyone

Anonymous said...

Norway is playing well as a "team," but so is France. They won't have a letdown of last year's quarterfinal happen again. France wins, 4-1.

Anonymous said...

norway will loose 5-1 that what i think and justin slinn will break his leg i hope

Anonymous said...

hes not playing. and your a loser to even say that.

Anonymous said...

that's definitely an asshole comment

Anonymous said...

I hope I break my leg to.. please be there when it happens